Archive for January, 2013
- Guest Speaker Jim Jackson, HTML5 for .NET Developers
- Continure building the Prusa 3d Printer.
- Installing ‘Occidentalis’ on Rasberry Pi’s and connecting them wirelessly to a network. Continuing through adafruit tutorials.
- A rebuild of a classic video gaming console.
- Continue the design of our autonomous telepresence robot.
6410 Landay Ave.
Baltimore MD. 21237
Look for our sign out front and see you there!
Last week, Terry Kilby from Baltimore Drones stopped by Baltimore Hackerspace and he brought a couple of his Drones with him. I think it was the first time allot of us have seen Drones of this quality up close and they were just as exciting as I thought they would be. Both Drones were made to port a camera on the bottom of them and Terry said that he frequently contracts out the Drones for special camera work. Very cool!
Here are some pics:
- Raspberry Pi tutorials.
- An electric cigarette project that you have to see for yourself.
- Fun with Arduino’s and relays.
- Assembling a Makerbot Prusa.
- Wheel hubs and a vacuum table.
- Hex will be getting some upgrades
- Kicad layout/schematic entry.
Please join us on Wed, Jan 30 for a special guest speaker. Jim Jackson, co-author of the book HTML5 for .NET Developers.
There is limited space available, so you must register on meetup.com for this event.
Jim Jackson is the co-author of HTML5 for .NET Developers, available now at http://www.manning.com/jackson and on Amazon. Jim has worked on rich HTML5 web applications for clients like Vogue, Rolling Stone and Playboy and is currently building an HTML5 game for the Windows App Store.
Here’s what’s going on this Wednesday at openHack:
- Face scanning (Jeff)
- Assembling a MakerGear Prusa (Jessica)
- Printing motor mounts and playing with kinect (Miles).
- Rummaging through some Rasberry Pi tutorials from adafruit.com (Eric).
- Working on design for tank robot (Mark, Eric)
- I’m sure someone will be printing something out on the CNC machine as well.
- Optimize my Arduino Fireplace Fan. Thanks for the tips Jason!
Hope to see you!
*** UPDATE ** added some pics from open hack night
Fourth Annual Techno-Swap-Fest
February 23, 2013 - 9am to 2pm
1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum MD
Attention All Hobbyists
- Is your shop so cluttered you can barely work on your projects?
- Did you buy something online that didn’t fit into your plans?
- Are you still looking for that perfect gadget, part or tool?
If you answered YES or NO to any of these questions, you need to attend the 4th Annual Techno-Swap-Fest to buy, sell and gawk at all the precious junk that other hobbyists crave.